Breast Care Consultation
We Can Help With
- Blocked ducts
- Sore nipples
- Milk blisters
Ask Us About
- Self-management tricks you can try at home
- Massage techniques you can do yourself to promote lymphatic drainage
- Leading treatments such as ultrasound and laser therapy
- Breastfeeding positions that help relieve engorgement
- Recognising the signs of infection
- How to prevent mastitis from recurring
- The use of gel pads to soothe and promote wound healing
- When to see a Lactation Consultant
Low-Level Laser Therapy
- We use Low-Level Laser Therapy to treat nipple trauma from breastfeeding, such as cracked and painful nipples
- Low-Level Laser Therapy is a non-invasive and pain free treatment
- It uses single wavelength light technology to stimulate wound healing, reduce inflammation, increase blood flow and reduce pain
- This is a safe and effective treatment with no side effects
- You can expect to see a reduction in inflammation within 1 hour of treatment, and the beginnings of tissue healing within 24 hours
- We use Therapeutic Ultrasound to treat mastitis and blocked milk ducts
- It is a gentle technique that uses the movement of sound waves to reduce inflammation and swelling to help the milk flow
- In addition we use massage to help clear the ducts
- Blocked milk ducts need to be treated as early as possible to prevent mastitis (infection of the breast) from developing. Therefore we do our best to offer same day appointments. If there are no available appointments online, please call us at reception so we can fit you in.
- If you are experiencing fevers, headaches or body aches, you will require antibiotics from your Doctor immediately. Make an appointment with a Baby Steps GP today.
- The effected breast will need to be drained 20 minutes after treatment, either by breastfeeding or expressing.
For personal support with attachment, latching, breastfeeding positions and managing your milk supply - book an appointment with a Baby Steps Lactation Consultant today.
What To Expect
- You initial appointment is 30 minutes and $100
- Follow up appointments will be 30 minutes and scheduled as needed
- Laser and Ultrasound therapies require 3-5 sessions for complete treatment, usually scheduled on consecutive days
- To protect your baby, please bring a support person to help hold your baby, or a pram or capsule so the baby can leave the room while the laser is being administered.